Friday, June 13, 2008

What an amazing experience with the most amazing people

Just over an hour from now we will be heading to the airport to fly back home...I cant even explain how fast these past 3 weeks have gone. Yet again I am left speechless by everything here...the people, our experience, and just the warmth and love we have all felt...it really is home away from home and this will NOT be my last trip to South Africa. I guess I am really having a hard time expressing how im feeling because it is all so bitter sweet and words cant describe it. Last night was my birthday and our braai so we had a lot of people over that have really made this experience everything and then some. I struggled to express my thanks and im sure it will come within the next few weeks so I will be sure to send some emails out but now im afraid. Afraid that when I go home people wont understand that this was more than a trip....a vacation as some would say. The things we did and the things we saw cant be explained with blogs or pictures or even talking about them...the only way to understand is to be here and experience it yourself. So as a far well blog I just want to say thanks to everyone...everyone I have met here in SA that has made this all more than I could have ever dreamed....everyone that supported me into getting here in the first place...everyone that will listen unconditionally at home and understand that I may not be able to explain it...and thats okay! So thanks again and see ya in Minneapolis in about 36 hours....

One Love Always,
TJ

No comments: