Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back In Miny-Apple-Us

As of now...its all still so surreal...in a place where I used to be so comfortable with my surroundings I now find myself questioning things and missing everything about South Africa. It blows my mind to think that I just spent 3 weeks in Cape Town and it has already came and gone. Through my time there I can honestly say I have met some of the most amazing people of my life and some of the biggest leaders of our lifetime! I can not say thanks enough to the rest of the group for being amazing people and really making my experience a lot of what it was. My biggest struggle now has been what to do next. I know we have a few plans in motion but its an everyday struggle to wake up and realize that now its my turn...

Before we left Aaron told us that it will be tough to explain what we did...because frankly there are no words to explain it all. I am really struggling with that right now. How do you explain this trip when someone asks "So how was South Africa?" As of now the response is simple....dumb question! With time it will become easier to articulate what specifically has impacted me the most but I have no patience right now for simple minded, courtesy conversation.

I plan on keeping this blog up and updating ya'll on different things that we will be doing to continue this trip. I also have a feeling that a round 2 may be in the horizon for a bunch of us and that is one of the most exciting things ever!

So for now....thank you again. Thank you to everyone that helped me get there. Thank you to everyone that accompanied me there. Thank you to everyone who made my time there better than I could have ever dreamed of. Thank you to everyone that opened my eyes/my mind/my heart while I was there. Thank you to everyone who will actually listen to my story. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

One Love Always,
TJ

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said TJ, thanks for sharing your experience with me. I look forward to our future conversations.